xoxo, me

My photo
Colorado, United States

Monday, May 27, 2013

A Liberal Patriot


Being born an American citizen is pure luck. Do I take it for granted? I suppose I do. And shame on me for not appreciating every day how fortunate I am. But that doesn't diminish how grateful I am to those who serve and lay down their lives for our country.

Am I liberal? Yes. But that doesn't mean I love my country any less than a conservative nor make me any less patriotic.

Thank you to my father-in-law who served bravely in World War II and to my friend, David, who has served so strongly in Iraq and Afghanistan and still serves in the Army today. And thank you to all the other men and women of the armed forces and their families who sacrifice every single day so I can remain a liberal patriot.


No comments:

Post a Comment