xoxo, me

My photo
Colorado, United States

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Philosophy, Buddha and Spanx. You Had to Be There...

I had lunch with my BFF yesterday (and I don't use that term lightly).  You know ~ the friend that you don't see often but when you do you pick right up where you left off like it was just five minutes ago.



We go from talking about what a pain in the ass it is shopping for clothes ~ especially dresses because who wears dresses unless they have to ~ to talking about taking time to travel while we can still walk ~ to talking about relationships ~ back to clothes and wow - the first pair of Spanx and you really should wear pink more often ~ to philosophy and life itself.

You know ~ real live girl stuff.  And yes, Karen, Buddha came up.

The take-away for me was how important it is to live in the present. Or at least strive to live in the present. Don't regret the past; don't worry about the future... because you can't do much about either. Be present ~ "Be Here Now" as Ram Dass would say.  And isn't that the most difficult thing to do?  It is for me.

It seems I'm always busier than beans 



I'm always up to my eyeballs with work and obligations



because I'm such a people pleaser I have too many self-imposed pressures and deadlines.

I wonder if the sky would fall, the world would explode if I just relaxed a tiny bit and lived in the present instead of worrying about tomorrow so much.



Maybe if I kept thoughts like this in my head instead:







So it's Saturday morning almost noon and all I've done is walk the dog, feed the dog, put in two loads of laundry, solve my email problem, worry about seven things, devour the most delish waffle the mister made


and wrote this post.

It's a process.  Baby steps, people, baby steps.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! The way you incorporate your words and your photographs ~ beautiful! It is an honor to be your friend...

    ReplyDelete