xoxo, me

My photo
Colorado, United States

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Don't Stress!

The saga continues and I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say it is a good thing the second ultrasound - the one that was missed - was found and viewed. 

*Remember, people ~ always get copies of your medical reports! A little side bar - when I asked for a copy of the second ultrasound - you know, the one that was missed - my nurse said, "Its already in the mail. I know how you work."  That made me smile smugly.

Anyhoo, some interesting things were caught and there will be more testing in my future. Oh joy. As things stand now - for the next 10 days anyway - it could be something; it could be nothing.

So my job - according to my doctors and my friends and my confidants - is to put it out of my mind. Don't stress because that will make things worse. Have you ever tried to not stress when someone tells you to not stress? Its like when I was first learning to ski ~ I was on a small slope with a T-bar lift. The operator said, "Just remember, don't sit down." What's the first thing I did? Of course ~ I sat down. Don't stress. Right.

I'm advised to stay busy, have fun, relax. If you've known me for 5 minutes you know I don't relax at the best of times... certainly not now.

But busy? I can do busy.

I brought out my knitting looms and am reminded that once I get started they are extremely addictive for me.



It may be 100 degrees outside, 
but it is never too soon for me to start stocking 
my winter inventory.

I discovered a really funky loom I hadn't used.


And it makes skinny little tube scarves


I'm still experimenting and this one 
will get some embellishments.
But I had fun creating it!

The Mister took me to a Colorado Rockies baseball game at Coors Field last night.


I have to admit although I enjoy the ambiance of a ball field



I'm really a bit more of a fan of the sky.



So I spent some time on the other side of the stadium
watching the sun set over the city.

We went for a bite after the game ~ Spicy Chicken Tacos I failed to get a pic of, but they were yum.


And after all the walking we did
a cold glass of prosecco was in order.
Oh ~ and it was Flag Day, ya' know.

I'm cutting back on my work day and clocking out a little earlier in the afternoon to watch movies (and knit).  I try to get at least one movie in every day. Struck by Lightning was a cute one I caught the other day.

I'm a regular visitor to the park in the early morning hours



There are a couple of "people" in my life I don't slow down enough to really appreciate


 I'm doing more of that


So I'm trying. 

But it's a challenge.

2 comments:

  1. It must be hard to shoot with your Lensbabies that way. ;-)
    But xoxo to you, Ms. Clemons

    ReplyDelete