xoxo, me

My photo
Colorado, United States

Thursday, April 4, 2013

He Brought Flowers. Again. And Again...

For some reason my husband has been walking thru the door a lot lately with brilliant bouquets of colorful petals. Not that I'm complaining or anything. But it makes me wonder... either he's feeling guilty about something or hmmmm... maybe he loves me.  

Or maybe he wants to provide endless photo ops so I can sell more photographs.  Yup, that's probably it.  Make some money, honey.  ;-)


 

Because the only thing I shoot more than birds are flowers.  I've never really analyzed why but I think it goes back to ~ I have always just shot what's in front of me.  And, like with the whole bird thing, once I started carrying a camera on my morning walks, the flowers were just... there.  So I shot 'em.

Once I realized how much I enjoyed the pops of color,



I began experimenting with different lenses. I started with a macro (105mm) but once I discovered Lensbaby lenses, it was all over.  (If you know me, you know of my Baby Love... and that is a whole 'nother story for another day; but just an FYI ~ all of these were shot with either my Lensbaby Original or my Lensbaby 2.0 and macro filters.)


I then I started paying attention to the light and the background ~



which I learned in photo-speak is referred to as bokeh.  But I like to call it bokey.  :)  I would like to say I've always planned the light and the bokey, but usually it's just luck.

I started to notice how graceful the curve of a petal can be






And I discovered the infinite beauty of tiny, tiny things. 



And if the sunrise doesn't greet me with a smile, I can always count on my flowers to do that.

So Mornin' Peeps ~ here's a little sunshine for your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment