xoxo, me

My photo
Colorado, United States

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Springtime in the Rockies

I am always surprised when someone who actually lives in Colorado is surprised when we get snowstorms in April ~ and sometimes even May.  I can understand someone who doesn't live in Colorado not getting it.  But if you've been here for a couple of years you know that our snowiest months are March and April.  And that Spring lasts 5 minutes.  

Sorry all you Spring flower enthusiasts.  Although some Spring blooms can survive the snow (it actually insulates them), if you're really into daffodils and tulips, Colorado might not the place for you.   

So as I watch the snowflakes dance outside my window



I'm happy I took a few minutes yesterday ~ when it was 68 degrees ~ with my Lensbaby 2.0 and 4x macro filter to immortalize my little crocuses.  









It was worth getting down on my creaky ol' knees to do so.

And with that ~ Mornin' Peeps!

1 comment: