xoxo, me

My photo
Colorado, United States

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mommyhood

Last night I finished watching 5 seasons of "Private Practice."  Boy they have a lot of babies on that show.  Of course, given all the sex they have (come on - no one has that much sex) and the fact that the show is written around a medical practice that specializes in all things OB/GYN, it makes sense. 

But it got me thinking... a woman is never more vulnerable ~ or more powerful ~ than when she becomes a Mother.  I know where of I speak.

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  The woman existed but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new."
*Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh*



And that never leaves you.

"On this doorstep I stand,
year after year,
and watch you leaving
and think:
may you not skin your knees,
may you not catch your fingers in car doors,
may your hearts not break.

May tide and weather wait for your coming
and may you grow strong
to break all the webs of my weaving."
*Evangeline Paterson*



And with that on this reflective April 10 ~ Mornin' peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment