xoxo, me

My photo
Colorado, United States

Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Good Guys Win

Sometimes people come along who totally restore my faith in humanity.

David Henneberry is one of those people. Never heard of him?  He is the guy who discovered Boston Marathon bombing suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, hiding in his boat out behind his house.  Not only did he alert police thus bringing an end to the nightmare Boston had been living for days, but he did something really awesome after that as well.


A thoughtful and generous man in Texas started a fund to repair Henneberry's boat and the effort snowballed.  Before he knew it $50,000 had been raised ~ enough to replace the boat!  

Henneberry was grateful but philosophically responded, "It makes me feel wonderful that people are thinking like that, but it is my boat. People lost their lives and lost limbs. I'd rather [that money] go to One Fund Boston. To buy me a new boat is a wonderful thing. I don't want that, really. They lost limbs. I lost a boat."  

(Wait. Here's a tissue for ya'.)

I read somewhere later that he added that he had a canoe out back.  That will do until he can afford a new boat.

Some people.  Some people are the reason the Good will always outweigh the bad.




No comments:

Post a Comment