xoxo, me

My photo
Colorado, United States

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Our Time.

So after my morning ritual (see previous post although I added doing dishes, throwing in a load of laundry and cleaning up puppy puke and... well we don't have to go into great detail on that last one...) I sat down to write and thought, "I've got nothin'."

So I'm writing about having nothing to write about. Thinking about my kids ~ one visiting Germany with his wife right now; the other preparing to make a big move with his fiancĂ©e. They're all moving on and moving forward with their lives and I'm happy for them all.  That's what kids are supposed to do, right?  

And for the first time in our marriage - in our relationship of 22 years - the mister and I will be on our own.  We have a few months before that comes to pass, but we're transitioning and trying the idea on for size ~ that this is our time now.

Of course we miss the kids and think of them daily but the idea of being on our own ~ just as they are ~ is an intriguing one.  And I think we're going to make it.  :)  I think we're going to have fun being empty-nesters.



I mean, what's the alternative?  

And besides I'm sure we will always have four-legged children with fur.  Maybe not these two forever, but there will always be someone puking somewhere in the house.  


And that is where my free writing took me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment